5.18.2015

Pine Cone Peonies

While at the park this past weekend my oldest daughter, Ava, found a handful of pine cones and decided to bring them home and use them for a craft. She is always finding things and holding on to "trash" because she has ideas on ways to reuse them.
After a small  asthma situation, she stayed home from school today and was able to spend some quality time with me. During nap time she reminded me of her desire to do something with the pine cones she had collected and we quickly (and quietly) gathered the pine cones and some paint, paint brushes, glitter, you name it, and got to brainstorming!
Now I am not much of a painter because my hands tend to shake but I had and idea and thought I'd give it a whirl!

What you will need:
White Paper
Paint Brush
Paint
Paint Tray or Paper Plate
Glass Of Water For Rinsing Your Brush
Paper Towel
And A Pine Cone

I started off by mixing up some red and white paint on my paint tray until I got a shade of pink I liked. Then I took a paint brush and applied a  generous amount of the pink paint to the bottom of the pine cone.


Press the flower down gently on the paper and roll in a clockwise motion. I did this 2 times with 2 different shades of pink to add demension. Paint on some leaves and/or stem, and that's it!

 Thanks for reading! I love to hear your feedback, so don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment