8.05.2014

Bring the Great Outdoors, In

 (Above: Our Cabin)
Finally back to the usual grind after our yearly week long trip to Hocking Hills. Minimalism at its finest! True natural beauty. I myself am a huge fan of natural materials. Wood, cotton, stone, heck even dirt. There is something soothing about bringing natural elements into your home. They add warmth, texture, and depth; three of the most common words used by homeowners who are looking to decorate a desolate space.

Contrary to what many people think when introduced to the idea of adding natural elements into a room, these materials are not limited to just rustic designs. Natural elements can be used in modern designs as well. Take the use of the wood wall used in this modern living room below.

Or this picture! Very modern decor but the materials used are all woods and linens. Love this room!
Even by just adding some freshly picked flowers or a live plant can bring some life into a room. I always feel I can breathe better and the air is fresher when I have some foliage dispersed throughout the house. All year round too. Not just the spring and summer time!
(Above: Some flowers my wonderfully, thoughtful daughters picked for me on our trip.)
Just some more pictures of the family while spending time in Hocking Hills.



No comments:

Post a Comment