8.18.2014

Milk Paint

So, I discovered about a week ago that the store I purchase my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint from is no longer going to be carrying her paint. At first I was a bit frantic. There is another store that carries it, but it is an hour away from me! Then I remembered seeing another type of paint on the Miss Mustard Seed blog that I follow, milk paint. I decided to do some research on it and was pleasantly surprised! It comes in an array of colors (all with super cute names) and is actually cheaper than Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I was actually able to order it, pay for shipping, and still spend less than driving to my local retailer. I decided to give it a try! 

Well it came! I ordered a bag of Apron Strings, a coral color, Curio, a dark brown, and Ironstone, white.
This paint comes in a powder form and you mix with water to achieve your desired consistency. You can also add in a bonding agent to help the paint adhere better depending on the surface you are working with.

The first project I am going to tackle using Milk Paint is our oak entertainment stand I purchase about a year ago. $50 on Craigslist! The color just doesn't suit our home so I will be using the Iron Stone white color and a dark stain on top. I will post pictures tomorrow and let you know how this Annie Sloan girl feels about the newly discovered Milk Paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment